success stories:lost 62 kgs

success stories


Success stories:HEIDI WILSON since her early twenties, Heidi Wilson's motivation to lose 62 kg came in the form of a tiny person: her grandson Cooper.


Name: HEIDI WILSON

Age: 42 years old

Works at: Yarra Rangers Council




success stories

Heidi Wilson's dramatic weight loss

My life before weight loss:



I am happily married, have three children and one grandson. I had been obese since having my three children in my late teens - early 20's. I put on at least 20 kg with each pregnancy and never really lost it.
Before I started my weight loss journey, I was very unfit and unhealthy: I weighed 124kg. I couldn't even walk 100 metres without having to stop to catch my breath. I knew that if I kept up with this lifestyle I wouldn't have the chance to watch my first grandson Cooper grow up to be an adult. I could not do that to him.

How I started losing weight:



I was inspired to start exercising by my very special friend Danni, who even though she suffers a back problem had started exercising at a boot camp. So on the August 1, 2011, I started going to Intensity Health and Fitness in Emerald, Victoria.
I can still remember the first day I went to training: I was so scared when I walked down those steps.
My palms were sweating and my heart racing and I hadn't even done any exercise yet! At this stage it was fight or flight: I could fight the fear of exercise or run away there and then.
Thank goodness I chose to fight.
I fought off 62 kilograms in 10 months and have loved every bit of the journey so far.

My personal trainer:



My trainer Julie Hoffmann ('Hoffy') is my inspiration and mentor and without her I wouldn't be here today. She has helped to transform me both physically and mentally. She believed in me from the start, when I didn't even believe in myself.
She has taken me from merely existing to a life that I can't wait to wake up for in the mornings. I have gone from doing absolutely nothing in my life, to a life that is that full of excitement, friendship and happiness.
Julie taught me that losing weight - and changing my life - wasn't going to be easy, but it would be worth it.
success stories
10 months of weight loss

My weight loss journey:



I was then introduced to Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation program (12WBT) and in round 3, 2011 I lost 24 kgs including pre-season (the warm-up introduction stage of the 12WBT).
In total I completed three rounds of 12WBT. My long term goal was to lose half of my body weight (62 kgs) and I achieved this at the 10 month mark of my journey. My goal was to place in the Top 20 finalists Australia wide. But when I finished my final round in May 2012, I actually won overall, which today is still mind-blowing.
I had never succeeded at a weight loss journey before but it taught me to take control of my health and fitness and to take full responsibility for what I was doing or not doing to my body. It took tremendous courage and strength to re-evaluate my life, to identify where I had been going wrong. With the support of Hoffy, Michelle Bridges, all my wonderful family and team mates at Intensity, I have been able to switch directions and turn my life around.
success stories


How weight loss has changed my life:

Today my life has changed so much. I eat clean, I don't eat any processed foods and I train daily.
This is not an effort anymore - it's just part of my daily routine like brushing my teeth. I've inspired my daughter to do the same and she has lost over 40kg - I am so proud of her achievements.

Comments :

0 التعليقات to “success stories:lost 62 kgs”

Post a Comment

 
Eating and Exercises
Copyright © 2016 Eating and Exercises